Lunch & Recess
We believe that students' health and well-being goes hand-in-hand with academic success. That's why we prioritize lunch and recess time on all 3 campuses.
Multiple times a day, students have the opportunity to recharge during recess. We've designed our outside spaces and equipment to be age-appropriate, interesting, and challenging per grade level.
Likewise, student have designated times throughout the day for snack and lunch. Students have a couple of options for lunch. They can bring their own lunches to school. Or, parents have the option to buy a hot or cold lunch from our partner, Smart Lunches. Carroll provides milk for interested students at lunch.
Smart Lunches is a convenient delivery lunch option for students on all 3 campuses.
Using the Smart Lunch online ordering system, parents or students can choose from a selection of nourishing hot or cold lunches each day (including Friday if staying for after care). You can order by the day, week, or for the month ahead. Please note: all orders must be placed at least 2 business days before delivery date.
What SL Delivers:
- Rotating menu with a variety of hot and cold meals that kids love to eat
- Nutrition kids need with healthy sides, no high-fructose corn syrup, and organic pasta daily
- Worry-free service: we get it right, and your kids will love our lunches, or it’s on us!
How SL Works:
- You create an account at www.smartlunches.com.
- You customize your lunch order (all orders must be placed at least 2 business days before delivery).
- SL prepares the lunch & delivers it to school in temperature-controlled packaging.
- Your child gets a tasty lunch!
Smart Lunches currently has 8 allergy filters including the following: Egg Free, Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Dairy Optional, Sesame Free, Gluten Sensitive, Soy Free and Seafood Free. Once a filter is applied in a child’s account, the only menu options they will see will not contain that specific allergen. If a child has a specific allergy other than the list provided, there is currently no filter. They do however provide a full list of ingredients under each meal. If a child has a specific allergy you can choose to dislike a meal within your account and it will not longer be shown as a menu option.
If you ever have a question about an allergy, recipes or the ingredients email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-888-257-6278 for assistance.
Carroll School takes food safety seriously and has policies in place. Please refer to the Parent & Student Policy Handbook or contact the school to learn more.