What to Wear
Carroll School's Dress Guide is designed to be gender-equitable, allow for individuality, encourage a neat and clean appearance, and promote a seriousness of purpose that is aligned with an educational setting. Students must wear sensible clothing to school at all times. Questionable attire will be evaluated as needed, and adjustments may be made on an individualized basis in consideration of facts and circumstances. Although not a strict dress code, Carroll expects all families and students to follow a rule of reason in choosing sensible clothing given the nature of Carroll’s school environment and the expected interactions in our community. Sensible clothing is defined in the following ways:
- All clothing should be clean.
- All clothing should provide adequate coverage. The student should be able to move comfortably without exposure of undergarments, backs, midriffs, chests, and buttocks. Sheer or see-through clothing, holes, rips, and/or tears should not expose any of these areas.
- No clothing should be decorated with messages expressing hateful or vulgar terms, derogatory references to one’s or another’s identity (i.e., race, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, etc.) nor should clothing be decorated with messages or symbols advocating violence, alcohol, drugs, or other criminal behavior.
- Students may wear hats inside as long as the hats are not interfering with learning.
- Proper footwear should be worn at all times. Flip-flops are not allowed.
Bounders Participation Dress Guide
Students participating in Bounders will be notified of the clothes they need for their activities. Students must bring a Bounders bag with a season-appropriate change of clothes. This bag is left at school. Parents/caregivers who need support acquiring Bounders clothes should contact their division head.
Middle School Dress Guide for PE
Middle School students are expected to change and bring appropriate clothing for Physical Education and Bounders. Gym clothes should consist of sweatpants and/or shorts, a t-shirt, and sneakers. If students have gym first or last block of the day, they may wear gym clothes to school or home from school, but they must be within the Dress Guide for all other parts of the school.
Show Your Carroll Pride
Visit our school store for all your Carroll gear - t-shirts, sweatshirts, shorts, outwear, hats, bags, blankets, and more!