Covid Health Guidelines & Protocols
LATEST UPDATE: SEP 15, 2021
Carroll School continues its commitment to health and safety mitigation efforts for the 2021-22 school year. We have the expectation that all eligible Carroll School adults and students will be vaccinated in an effort to protect the entire community. Just as we did last year, we will be fully apprised of the recommendations of the CDC, AAP, Mass DPH, and DESE and we will consult with our medical experts and other independent schools to ensure the School’s policies reflect the most up-to-date research. We will update our protocols as needed to reflect changes to best-practice recommendations.
Quarantine Protocol Guides
Fall 2021 Mitigation Strategies
Below are mitigation strategies that Carroll has put in place to keep its community safe and healthy.
What families/students do outside of school is equally, if not more important, than what happens in school as it relates to transmission of COVID. We ask that families and students practice responsible behavior outside of school to help reduce the risk.
|Daily Home Health Attestation||Families must check the health of their student(s) each day before coming to school|
Students will have opportunities to be outside each day unless inclement weather precludes; appropriate outdoor clothing is necessary
All students and employees are required to wear masks while indoors, except during lunch or snack breaks; students to have at least two masks every day
Personal Hygiene Practices
Hand hygiene emphasized for all; Hand sanitizer available throughout buildings
|Physical Distancing Requirements||
3’ distance whenever possible indoors
|Enhanced Ventilation in Schools||
Properly programmed & maintained HVAC systems, MERV-13 air filters wherever possible; Classroom windows left open when occupied wherever possible
Weekly mandatory home testing for grades BR-6 students and other unvaccinated individuals (see COVID Testing info below)
High-touch surfaces will remain a priority; Daily cleaning of classrooms; Cleaning materials available to wipe down workspaces
No non-essential visitors allowed inside buildings
- What do I do if my child is sick on the morning of a school day?
- When does my child have to quarantine/isolate?
- When can my child access remote learning and what is included in remote learning?
- What happens if my child tests positive for COVID?
- What happens if my child is a close contact of someone at school who has COVID?
- What do I do if a family/household member has COVID?
- What do I do if a family/household member is exposed to someone diagnosed with or symptomatic of having COVID (student is a secondary contact)?
- What happens if my child becomes sick while at school?
- When will the School communicate if someone in the school has COVID?
- What is the COVID testing protocol? (UPDATED: Sep 15, 2021)
- What is the travel policy?
Please feel free to contact any member of the Carroll nursing staff with questions or concerns.
Middle School (781) 314-9710
Erin Hanley, RN (email)
Upper School & Carroll School Nurse Manager (781) 314-9836
Donna Linstrom, RN (email)