Technology Acceptable Use Policy 2023-2024
The Carroll School Computer Network (the “CarrollNet”) is established for the educational and professional use of Carroll School students, faculty, and staff (“Users”). This Technology and Acceptable Use Policy (the “Policy”) is intended to govern Users with respect to CarrollNet and the Internet. In addition to this Policy, Carroll School regulates access to and use of the CarrollNet by principles consistent with the educational mission of the Carroll School. Users are expected to conduct themselves on the CarrollNet in the same fashion as they do elsewhere in the community. Users who violate this Policy will have their CarrollNet privileges revoked and may be subject to further disciplinary action, including suspension or dismissal. Carroll School may also report offenders to applicable law enforcement agencies.
The CarrollNet provides access to the global Internet. Carroll School has taken available precautions to restrict access to controversial materials on the Internet. However, on a global network, it is impossible to control all materials. Carroll School believes that the valuable information and interaction available on the Internet far outweighs the possibility that Users may find material that is not consistent with our educational goals.
The smooth operation of the CarrollNet relies upon the proper conduct of all Users. The signature on the Student Handbook Acknowledgment form and Laptop Contracts are legally binding and indicate the parties who have signed have read the terms and conditions of this Policy carefully and understand their significance.
- CarrollNet - Terms and Conditions (Acceptable Use and Illegal Actions)
- No Expectation of Privacy
- Inappropriate Access
- Google Workspace for Education Acceptable Use
- Parental Consent and COPPA Compliance
- Lower School, Middle School, and Upper School Student Chromebooks
- Summary of Inacceptable Uses
- Improper Use and Content
- Social Networking Sites
- Theft and Vandalism
- Phishing Emails and Other "Spreading" Schemes
- Waiver of Warranties; Limitation of Liability
- Preservation of Resources
- Special Note Regarding Borrowed Equipment
- Entirety of Agreement