Tuition & Financial Assistance

Our highest goal is giving each child what they most need while at the same time making a Carroll education broadly accessible.

Over the last three years, Carroll School has more than doubled its financial assistance budget. This year, we awarded more than $2.6 million in assistance and are committed to increasing our budget for the 2019-20 school year.

Tuition for the 2019-20 school year is $52,500. Please reach out if you have questions.

My daughter went from crying every day to getting up early to go to Carroll. There was no way that Carroll could be a possibility without financial assistance. The Admissions team worked with me to make Carroll a reality. Within weeks of attending Carroll, my daughter said to me, 'It is so worth it to go to Carroll. It is so much better. I understand what they are teaching me.'

-Cindy Morrison, Parent of a 2nd & 6th Grader
Read the full story here.


Public Funding for the 2020-2021 School Year and Beyond

We understand that families may have questions about public funding for Carroll School. Please read the following FAQs and this statement that further explains our decision.

Since Carroll School is no longer an approved Chapter 766 program, is it still possible to pursue and acquire public funding?

Yes. It is still possible to pursue and acquire public funding. Although 2017-2018 was our final year as an approved Chapter 766 private school program, federal and state special education laws mandating FAPE (Free and Appropriate Public Education) have not changed. Carroll may still be the most appropriate school available to educate your child. In this case, a funding agreement may be possible.

What’s involved with pursuing or maintaining funding?

Here are some guidelines about the process:

  • Obtain an IEP to determine and document the level of required individualized supports and services.
  • When an out-of-district placement is identified by the IEP team, the student's placement must be as close as possible to the student's home.
  • The school district will first attempt to place a student in a program approved by the state.
  • If the IEP team is unable to identify a state-approved school, the team may determine that an unapproved private school program is the most appropriate placement.
  • At this stage, you can advocate for a placement at Carroll as the most effective and least restrictive educational setting available to meet the child's stated IEP goals and objectives.

Who can I call with questions?

Please contact Carroll School's Financial Assistance Office at 781-259-8342 or We are here and happy to help.

How to Apply for Financial Assistance

We encourage all interested families to apply for financial assistance.

Application Process

Carroll School uses School and Student Services (SSS) to process financial assistance awards. Start by setting up an account in SSS.

Once you have set up an SSS account, please use Carroll School’s school code (2134) and complete the Parents’ Financial Statement (PFS). The PFS will ask you about family size, total income, savings, investments, indebtedness, medical and dental expenses, any unusual expenses, and other assets such as home equity. Follow the step-by-step instructions along the way.

Please Note: for separated or divorced parents, SSS requires EACH parent to complete a separate PFS.

Use this Help Guide, if needed.

Documents Needed

Please upload the following documents as soon as possible.

  • Signed copy of 2018 Income Tax Return, including all schedules
  • Signed copy of 2019 Income Tax Return, including all schedules
  • Copies of 2019 W-2's and 1099-MISC

Please know that the Financial Assistance Committee can only consider applications that are complete.

Who can I call with questions?

Please contact Carroll School's Financial Assistance Office at 781-259-8342 or We are here and happy to help.