Summer Overview & FAQs
June 27 - July 29, 2022
*No school 7/4
- Summer school for children with language-based learning difficulties (such as dyslexia) entering Grades 1-9
- Skilled Orton-Gillingham trained tutors, teachers, and counselors come from Carroll School and other Boston area schools and colleges
- Groups consist of 10 children assigned to one counselor
- Cognitive Development programs strengthen the underlying skills needed to learn. TCI is included for students entering Grades 5-9. Learn more.
- Where does Summer@Carroll take place?
- Is Summer@Carroll only for students who attend the academic-year program?
- How much does Summer@Carroll cost?
- What are the qualifications of the teaching staff?
- How is Summer@Carroll classified and accredited?
- Is there a full-time nurse in the summer?
- How does the morning program differ from the afternoon program in the summer?
- Do all students receive language tutoring in the summer?
- Is there homework for the students during the summer?
- What are the admission criteria for Summer@Carroll?
- Do you have a waitlist for Summer@Carroll?
- What if my child only wants to go to Summer@Carroll in the morning?
- Does my child need to attend for the whole five weeks?
- What is the dress code for Summer@Carroll?
- Can you connect me with other families in my area for carpooling?
- What times do morning drop-off and afternoon dismissal take place?