Mission & Strategic Plan
Carroll School empowers children with language-based learning disabilities, such as dyslexia, to become academically skilled students who are strong self-advocates and confident lifelong learners prepared to enter other academic settings.
To fulfill its mission, Carroll School:
- Utilizes both proven instructional methods and innovative approaches founded in emerging scientific research;
- Meets individual student needs in small, supportive classroom environments;
- Teaches students skills that enable them to become responsible active learners who understand that their success is a direct result of their effective effort;
- Contributes to the understanding of language-based learning disabilities, such as dyslexia, by offering professional development for Carroll School faculty and educators worldwide, and collaborating with other professionals in the field;
- Conducts innovative research projects, and actively creates and distributes new instructional approaches;
- Serves a culturally, ethnically, and economically diverse population, and believes that multiple points of view enrich the school’s community;
- Celebrates the unique gifts and perspectives of individuals with language-based learning disabilities, such as dyslexia.