The Carroll School is a dynamic independent day school for elementary and middle school students who have been diagnosed with language-based disabilities, such as dyslexia.
This B&G temporary crew member reports to the Carroll School Facilities Manager. Responsible for assisting in grounds maintenance and light construction projects as well as maintaining campus safety across three separate campuses. With supervision, this person will work on a diverse range of activities including maintenance, construction, semi-skilled grounds work and related tasks as required. Some evening and weekend work may be required.
- Manage campus exterior spaces including landscaping, play areas, roadways, etc.
- Operate powered equipment in mowing campus fields and grass
- Operate edgers and trimmers
- Operate light equipment in hauling materials and removing debris
- Trim trees, prunes shrubbery, and cultivates shrubs and flowers
- Assist with irrigation system maintenance
- Assist in other ongoing day-to-day maintenance of school buildings and equipment
- Assist with directing traffic during student drop-off and pick-up as well as events
- Assist with management of school vehicle fleet (i.e. repairs, safety inspections, replacement cycle, etc.)
- Perform other duties as assigned
- 2 years of experience in landscaping and/or maintenance
- Previous facilities or buildings and grounds experience at a school, golf course, country club, or landscape company
- Knowledge of methods and materials used in grounds keeping, landscape area construction, and maintenance work
- Experience with horticulture, landscape design, irrigation systems and high-end exterior grounds maintenance a plus
- Safely operate equipment and clean machinery after each use
- Inspect all machines and report any deficiencies to the Facilities Manager
- Eye for detail and willingness to learn
- High level of integrity, a strong work ethic and professional demeanor
- Ability to follow written and oral instruction and ability to address time-sensitive requests in a professional and thorough manner
- Able to work outside in all elements
- Able to drive school vehicles, traverse campus on foot, lift up to 50 lbs
- Must have own reliable transportation, be dependable and punctual
- Passion for the Carroll School’s mission; prior experience in a school environment a plus
The Carroll School is an equal opportunity employer.