Carroll School is a dynamic independent day school for elementary and middle school students who have been diagnosed with language-based disabilities, such as dyslexia.
This position reports directly to the Head of School and guides Carroll School to be an inclusive school community that values all the diversity enshrined in the school’s mission and inclusion policies. The Director oversees the promotion of diversity, inclusion, equity, and justice in the life of the school. The person in this role serves as both an educator and administrator who works directly with students, parents, faculty and staff.
- Provides strategic leadership in the area of equity and inclusion at Carroll
- Works with the admissions office to recruit, welcome, and retain students from diverse backgrounds
- Works with the Head of School and Division/Department Heads to recruit and retain faculty/staff from diverse backgrounds
- Acts as a resource for faculty and staff in providing academic, emotional, and social support for students/families of diverse backgrounds
- Works with the Directors of Curriculum Development and Division Heads to ensure that the school’s curriculum reflects the diversity of our local and global communities
- Facilitates programs for educating our community (faculty, staff, students, parents) about issues related to equity and inclusion
- Advises and partners with families to ensure a strong inclusive community
- Sits on the Board of Trustees’ Committee on Diversity, Enrollment, Marketing, and Financial Aid
- Works with the Director of Communications to publicize diversity-related events, educational opportunities, workshops for students, faculty, and parents
- Assumes teaching responsibilities in accord with area of expertise
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s preferred
- Proven track record in leading institutional change and innovation in curriculum and policy
- Experience in schools or higher education
- Demonstrated experience with student life and the desire to improve the minds and lives of students, faculty, and staff in and out of the classroom
- Highly effective communicator with excellent leadership abilities and collaborative skills
- Knowledge and understanding of diverse backgrounds and multicultural associations
Carroll School offers a competitive salary & benefits package as well as professional development opportunities. Carroll School is an equal opportunity employer and actively seeks candidates who represent diversity.