Carroll School is a dynamic independent day school for elementary and middle school students who have been diagnosed with language-based disabilities, such as dyslexia.
The Assistant Director role at Carroll School will allow an experienced fundraiser the opportunity to manage a portfolio of 150 highly rated prospects located in Massachusetts and work collaboratively on the planning and execution of the most ambitious campaign in the history of the school.
- Develop and execute fundraising strategies to secure support from individuals at the major gift level ($100,000 or more) as part of a comprehensive fund-raising process.
- Achieve a minimum of 10 to 12 personal visits a month for cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of prospective donors.
- Prepare reports, briefings materials, correspondence, proposals, and related documents for solicitation of major gift prospects.
- Collaborate with other members of the seven-person development team to achieve Development office goals and advance School priorities.
- Support volunteer networks and assist in the identification, recruitment, and training of volunteers as needed.
- Participate in regular staff and volunteer screening and review meetings to identify new prospects and plan cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship strategies for current capital gift prospects.
- Responsible for moves management for prospects in Raiser’s Edge.
- Assist with campaign planning and execution.
- Assist the Campaign Director/Director of Major Gifts with assigned tasks as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 2 to 4 years of development/fund-raising experience or related experience with a strong preference for individuals with a history of soliciting major gifts
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills (written and oral)
- Ability to multi-task and juggle competing priorities
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite & fundraising databases, preferably Raiser’s Edge
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
Carroll School offers a competitive salary & benefits package as well as professional development opportunities. Carroll School is an equal opportunity employer and actively seeks candidates who represent diversity.