Carroll School is a dynamic independent day school for elementary and middle school students who have been diagnosed with language-based learning disabilities, such as dyslexia.
This position requires a candidate with experience teaching language-learning disabled students and who also has knowledge of the Massachusetts Curriculum Frameworks for a teaching position in Elementary Education with a specialization in history.
- Teach five 5th grade classes with 7- 8 students each on a daily basis.
- Formulate lesson plans that meet the curriculum guidelines
- Work with Lower School curricular team to integrate grade-level curriculum
- Supply to school administrators: quarterly grade reports and current student progress summaries as requested
- Participate in school sponsored professional development and meet the requirement of Orton-Gillingham training
- May assist in after-school program activities
- Perform duties as required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Elementary Education and Massachusetts licensure by the DOE required
- Master’s Degree preferred
- A strong history content background and knowledge of Massachusetts History Curriculum Frameworks required
- Minimum of 3 years teaching experience, history experience preferable.
- Have the ability to teach using multisensory education methods
Carroll School offers a competitive salary and benefits package as well as professional development opportunities. Carroll School is an equal opportunity employer.