The Carroll School is a dynamic independent day school for elementary and middle school students who have been diagnosed with language-based learning disabilities, such as dyslexia.
The Major Gift Officer role at Carroll School will allow an experienced fundraiser the opportunity to manage a portfolio of 150 – 200 highly rated prospects in Massachusetts during the most ambitious campaign in the history of School. Reporting to the Capital Campaign Director/Director of Major Gifts, the Major Gift Officer will qualify, cultivate, solicit and steward a key group of parents, past parents and alumni.
The duties and responsibilities of the Major Gift Officer will include:
- Develop and execute fundraising strategies to secure support from individuals at the major gift level ($50,000 or more) as part of a comprehensive fund-raising process.
- Prepare reports, briefings materials, correspondence, proposals, and related documents for solicitation of major gift prospects.
- Support volunteer networks and assist in the identification, recruitment, and training of volunteers as needed.
- Initiate and maintain regular contact with prospective donors by visit, letter and phone.
- Focus a majority of time and effort on external work. Achieve a minimum of 12 to 15 personal visits a month for cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of prospective donors.
- Participate in regular staff and volunteer screening and review meetings to identify new prospects and plan cultivation, solicitation and stewardship strategies for current capital gift prospects.
- Responsible for moves management for prospects in Raiser’s Edge.
- Assist with campaign planning and execution;
- Assist the Campaign Director/Director of Major Gifts with assigned tasks as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 2 to 4 years of development/fund-raising experience or related experience with a strong preference for experience in leadership gift work.
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills (written and oral)
- Ability to multi-task and juggle competing priorities
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite & fund-raising databases, preferably Raiser’s Edge.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
The Carroll School offers a competitive salary & benefits package as well as professional development opportunities. The Carroll School is an equal opportunity employer and actively seeks candidates who represent diversity.