Carroll School is a dynamic independent day school for elementary and middle school students who have been diagnosed with language-based learning disabilities, such as dyslexia.
Responsible for the management and administration of the student information system (X2 Aspen).
· Primary responsibility for the smooth, secure, and efficient ongoing functionality of Aspen system;
· Maintain, enter, migrate all data (student and staff) to improve data quality;
· Manage and maintain application and Aspen database and other core school data systems;
· Work with all departments to develop, implement, and maintain automated feeds between school database systems, as appropriate (including but not limited to Aspen, Destiny, Blackboard Connect and Ravenna);
· Create customized queries, reports, and functionality for end users in Aspen and other systems;
· Work in close collaboration with the Director of Curriculum and Department Heads to develop master schedule for all schools;
· Build and maintain all customized reports including but limited to Quarterly Reports and Assessment Reports;
· Conduct annual rollover within all systems, including all coordination and planning activities involved;
· Create, maintain, and terminate user accounts in all student data management systems according to documented district policy;
· Assist in updating and improving the School’s scheduling processes;
· Work closely with Director of Curriculum, Director of Admission and Transition to ensure smooth workflow process;
· Manage relationships and communicate consistently with vendors for schools-specific systems and products;
· Proactively protect against and troubleshoot system challenges as they arise; and
· Other responsibilities as assigned
· Bachelor’s Degree and 3-5 years of database management experience in a school or school district/CMO very strongly preferred;
· Experience with Aspen (or similar fully integrated data system) database management;
· Ability to convey complex ideas and knowledge to lay users;
· Experience with inputting and extracting data and generating accurate reports through Aspen, MySQL, Microsoft Access, or similar programs;
· Demonstrated skill and knowledge in scripting (including Java, XML, SQL);
· Strong project management skills;
· Ability to systematically troubleshoot challenges within a computer system environment;
· Ability to work closely and collaboratively with colleagues and vendors;
· Creative and independent problem solver;
· Deep understanding of the importance of strong and secure data management;
· Demonstrated ability to work successfully within a fast-paced, ever-changing environment;
· Candidates must possess extensive experience with student information systems, demonstrate knowledge of relational database design and data techniques and have effective written and verbal communications skills.
Carroll School offers a competitive salary & benefits package as well as professional development opportunities. Carroll School is an equal opportunity employer.