The Carroll School is a dynamic independent day school for elementary and middle school students who have been diagnosed with language-based learning disabilities, such as dyslexia.
The Director of Admission, Financial Aid & Placement is responsible for all aspects of recruitment and enrollment efforts as well as for administration of the school’s financial aid program and secondary school placement team. The Director must have equal parts strategic focus and operational acumen and should enjoy working with the families of lower and middle school students with language based learning disabilities (LBLD). Reporting to the Head of School, the Director serves as a member of the Senior Administrative Team and works closely with the Board of Trustees and the school’s Marketing & Communications Director. The Director is attentive to the school’s public presence in all its manifestations, and is responsible, in collaboration with the Director of Marketing and Communications, for both web-based and printed admissions and financial aid materials.
The Director plays a vital role in the Carroll School community, providing leadership and setting the school’s enrollment strategies and goals. In order to ensure that the office achieves its goals, the Director takes initiative to conduct research and stay abreast of best practices within the admission and LBLD fields.
- Provides leadership in enrollment management (which includes marketing, recruitment, and admission) and oversees the processes of attracting, selecting, enrolling, and retaining students.
- Sets annual admission goals in accordance with the school’s mission to promote economic, racial, and ethnic diversity in the student body and based on the school’s overarching goals for enrollment.
- Manages new student enrollment and assists with the re-enrollment of current students in close connection with the Assistant Head of School and Business Office.
- Oversees the School’s financial aid program and budget in conjunction with the Chief Financial Officer.
- Maintains statistical and trend data related to admission, enrollment and financial aid.
- Understands and informs school leadership about current research, demographics, and admission and enrollment trends, ensuring that changes and challenges are anticipated, understood, and addressed.
- Interprets neuropsychological and psycho-educational evaluations to evaluate applicant’s readiness for admission
- Employs relevant technology in a rapidly changing environment
- Maintains and encourages relationships with feeder schools, counselors, and consultants.
- Oversees all off- and on-campus recruitment events, including visitation programs.
- Oversees the management of all admission publications and materials.
- Participates as an active member of the Head of School’s senior administrative team.
- Maintains and enhances the School’s good standing in relevant professional organizations.
- Oversees and supports the work of the “next school” placement team
- Extends himself/herself beyond the responsibilities of a job description and assists the Head of School with all other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree in a related field (psychology, education, business) preferred;
- Strong commitment to LBLD education and a particular enthusiasm for the distinctive culture of the Carroll School;
- Minimum of five years’ experience leading Admission and financial aid for an independent school;
- Superior written and verbal communication skills;
- Superior interpersonal, organizational and managerial skills;
- Comfort with the technologies that support student record management, analytical reporting, and social media;
- High energy, flexibility, warmth and sense of humor
The Carroll School offers a competitive salary & benefits package as well as professional development opportunities. The Carroll School is an equal opportunity employer and actively seeks candidates who represent diversity.