The Director of Communications will be responsible for developing and implementing a strategic and integrated communications program. The Director will create and manage a school-wide communications plan as well as manage the School’s website, produce and distribute various types of electronic and print publications and oversee all social media. The Director is a key member of the school’s leadership team and will partner with Development, Admissions, the Parents’ Association, and Division Heads as well as other key constituents in the School, to support all marketing and communication efforts.
- Ensure consistency of brand and messaging across all media
- Oversee the launch and content management of the new website
- Produce electronic and print publications that support the enrollment and development efforts of the School, including Annual Fund and capital campaign materials, newsletters, and marketing/ad campaigns
- Create and implement a social media plan that provides appropriate engagement opportunities for the development and admissions efforts of the School
- Create and publish news stories via social media/website that promote accomplishments of students, faculty, and alumni
- Proof and edit institutional publications
- Support Parents’ Association communications
- Plan and oversee communications budget
- Explore and respond to changes in social media outlets to promote Carroll
- Serve as liaison with printers, photographers and other vendors
- Manage organization of photo/video/web archives
- Bachelor’s Degree with communications and integrated marketing experience
- Experience managing various electronic communications platforms: deep digital experience with proficiency in current web technology, social media and video platforms.
- Website management (design, analytics, content management)
- Experience managing a brand and messaging across all media
- Excellent writing, design, editing and proofreading skills
- Strong video and photography skills
- People and project management skills
- Willingness to work in a flexible environment which may include off hour events
- Prior experience in an educational environment preferred
The Carroll School offers a competitive salary & benefits package as well as professional development opportunities. The Carroll School is an equal opportunity employer and actively seeks candidates who represent diversity.